Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

I have a separate cellular number for my Apple Watch. When people call my watch they get a message that the call can’t be connected because I haven’t set up my voice mailbox yet. How do I do this. Thru the watch app on my iPhone or in settings on the watch. Or is it an issue with my carrier?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 9:08 AM

Your watch does not have a separate phone number. The number you may see on your cellular bill is just an accounting number, used for billing purposes, not for making and receiving calls. The Watch uses your cellular phone number for making and receiving calls, even with the iPhone not nearby. You need to give people your regular cell number to use.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2020 9:08 AM in response to Jimfurl179

Your watch does not have a separate phone number. The number you may see on your cellular bill is just an accounting number, used for billing purposes, not for making and receiving calls. The Watch uses your cellular phone number for making and receiving calls, even with the iPhone not nearby. You need to give people your regular cell number to use.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.