Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC ATI RADEON 5870 CARD DOES NOT HAVE POWER CONNECTOR PORTS

Hi,

I purchased a "MAC" ATI RADEON 5870 CARD but when I tried to connect it, I noticed that there were no "6 pin" power input ports. I purchased this for a 2010 Mac Pro and it's prior card had one input power input "6 pin" connector from the motherboard. Is my card missing something? Is it not a valid MAC ATI RADEON card? HELP!!

Mac Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 4:40 PM

I knew I needed connectors. I have a 6 to 6 pin already. I've ordered a 2nd one. What I meant in my orioginal post was that I didn't see anywhere to connect the 6 pin wire. In my old graphics card, the connection is in the back. After posting this, I took another look at the replacement card. The INPUTS are now located on the side of the card. So I've actually solved this...much to my chagrin.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2020 4:40 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I knew I needed connectors. I have a 6 to 6 pin already. I've ordered a 2nd one. What I meant in my orioginal post was that I didn't see anywhere to connect the 6 pin wire. In my old graphics card, the connection is in the back. After posting this, I took another look at the replacement card. The INPUTS are now located on the side of the card. So I've actually solved this...much to my chagrin.

MAC ATI RADEON 5870 CARD DOES NOT HAVE POWER CONNECTOR PORTS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.