Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USBA Ports not working at delivery Mac Pro 2020

I'm not sure if there's something I'm supposed to do to enable the port but my USB A ports aren't working. Anything from what I can tell isn't working on that port. Thats at the top of the tower ports on my Mac Pro 2020(2019 I know lol) I've confirmed in the System report that it recognizes that of the 8 PCI card slots, 2 are in use. One of which is the port that my AMD Graphics card is plugged into. I ASSUME the only other device that's using it is the mentioned USB A card. There isn't anything that I've just installed or anything I've just received the unit.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Mac Pro

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 9:12 AM

Hi, welcome to the Apple Users Community.

This is not Apple support, it's fellow users offering assistance and tech help. If you have just received this it should be repaired or replaced. Contact Support for more in depth help. Your return window is limited.

Best of luck

3 replies

Sep 9, 2020 9:25 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thank you... it turns out that for some odd reason my external LG DVD Writer just won’t work plugged Into that USBA slot. But everything else I’ve plugged in there works 🤦🏾‍♂️ But I plugged a Thunderbolt 3 dock into a port and then plug my DVD Burner into that it shows up 😅 Weird... but I assume it has something to do with the power available on that slot 🤷🏾‍♂️ Thank you anyway.

USBA Ports not working at delivery Mac Pro 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.