Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to log in to iCloud for iWatch

Environment: iWatch 5 GPS + Cellular, iPhone 11 Pro Version 13.5.1 and iMac 27 inch, 2020 with Catalina 10.15.7

I have previously used my iWatch to unlock my iMac. I had to change the password for the iCloud account shared by all these devices. The iWatch no longer unlocks the iMac.

On the iMac, going to System Preferences / Security & Privacy and then selecting the "Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac" yields a message saying "Your Apple Watch must be signed in to iCloud to allow it to unlock your Mac. You can sign in using the Apple Watch app on your iPhone".

What steps should be taken to sign in to the iCloud account with the changed password?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 12:59 PM

Hi Beckinc,

We see you're trying to get your Apple ID details on your Apple Watch. Heres a resource that can help: Set up your Apple Watch

You'll specifically want to follow the section labeled "Sign in with your Apple ID."

We hope this helps.

Take care.

1 reply

How to log in to iCloud for iWatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.