Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch bar unresponsive

My touch bar is completely unresponsive, I've tried searching it up but nothing works. It's not to do with an application as it doesn't work with any application. If someone could help me out that would be great. (macOS Mojave)

MacBook

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 4:10 PM

Hello there DiskWalker,

Let's see if we can help out with your MacBook Pro Touch Bar. We love the added features it brings to the Mac and want to make sure you can enjoy those great features.

We'd like to gain a bit more info on what's going on with your Touch Bar. Does the touch bar turn on or is it stuck on certain controls?

We'd like to have you restart and reset the PRAM and SMC for your Mac. Check out this steps below:

Press and hold the power button for 6 seconds to force a shutdown then restart your Mac.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Keep us posted with your findings

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2020 4:10 PM in response to DiskWalker

Hello there DiskWalker,

Let's see if we can help out with your MacBook Pro Touch Bar. We love the added features it brings to the Mac and want to make sure you can enjoy those great features.

We'd like to gain a bit more info on what's going on with your Touch Bar. Does the touch bar turn on or is it stuck on certain controls?

We'd like to have you restart and reset the PRAM and SMC for your Mac. Check out this steps below:

Press and hold the power button for 6 seconds to force a shutdown then restart your Mac.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Keep us posted with your findings

Cheers.

Touch bar unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.