Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is matterhorn.framework?

Just getting a new error message when printing on an iMac today. It says "Matterhorn.framework will damage your computer". Under that you can select a check mark box that says "Report malware to Apple to protect other users". Can just click ok and then the documents print. I cannot find any reference to a "matterhorn.framework" piece of malware on a Mac anywhere. Does anyone have an idea what this is referring to? Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 1:27 AM

Hi!

this is related to this topic:

https://eclecticlight.co/2020/10/23/why-have-my-hp-printers-stopped-working-how-to-check-their-software-signature/

Update: HP Printer Software 5.1 should now be becoming available through Software Update to fix this issue.

(2220 UTC 23 October 2020)

Similar questions

20 replies

Nov 15, 2020 9:23 AM in response to USUAggiesRock

I contacted HP about this. I had previously uninstalled my printer software and then reinstalled it. My printer is an HP Envy Photo 6234. After some failed attempts they suggested I 'perform reset printing system' using Finder, system preferences, printer and scanner, then right click, and reset. I did this and then clicked on the + icon and selected add a printer. I added my printer from the list then clicked the Add button. And all was well. Worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Oct 29, 2020 11:32 AM in response to USUAggiesRock

I installed up to date HP printer software which I downloaded yesterday to fix a related problem (namely the presence of supposed malware that prevented me from printing from my HP printer). The "Matterhorn.framework" error message then appeared today. Presumably, therefore, the up to date HP software does not yet fix this problem. Do you know if there is a way of resolving this issue currently? I tried right-clicking on the HP app and selecting "get info" but there was no option to override malware protection.

Oct 30, 2020 10:46 AM in response to TGlennie22

No, I did not. It was greyed out in the menu. Is there another way to do that?

HP should have an uninstaller. You may have to get an uninstaller from them as the one installed with the old software was declared “unsafe” by HP when they revoked the certificates.

HP is going to have to sort this out. Once you revoke a certificate, you can’t just say, “just kidding. It’s really ok, trust us.”

Dec 2, 2020 2:35 PM in response to USUAggiesRock

I received 2 warnings today while trying to print. First was "PDE.plugin will damage you computer." I removed the software and downloaded the appropriate software from HP. When trying to print with the new software installed I received "Matterhorn.framework" will damage your computer." I clicked "ok" anf a test page printed. I can't get any answers from HP's useless virtual assistant, but I believe it's more than coincidental that my 1 year warranty expired yesterday. I'm pretty sure it's HP's

way of trying to scare me into purchasing an extension on said warranty because the printer is printing and my computer is fine. Thank you HP. Extortion is such a nice look on you. SCUM!

Dec 6, 2020 12:15 PM in response to USUAggiesRock

I have just started having this problem today too.

I am running Big Sur 11.1, and I have also tried updating the HP drivers with the latest HP Easy Start tool (2.10.0.201112 - dated 12 November 2020)

HP Utility Version 5.48.0 (2065)

HP Easyscan Version 1.10.0 (200827)

I can still print by accepting the warning and continuing, but still, a bad look for HP not to keep their software and signatures up to date.

What is matterhorn.framework?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.