Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud suspicious activity call

If I receive one of those scam calls from someone claiming to be Apple support calling with information about suspicious activity on my iCloud account, is there any place that I can report it to Apple along with the caller’s phone #? I just received it.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 1:22 PM

See the following from Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you get an unsolicited or suspicious phone call from someone claiming to be from Apple, just hang up.

You can report fraudulent tech support calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

Personally I wouldn't bother. For one thing, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed. So you may not have an accurate number to report.

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 1:22 PM in response to SEG85

See the following from Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you get an unsolicited or suspicious phone call from someone claiming to be from Apple, just hang up.

You can report fraudulent tech support calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

Personally I wouldn't bother. For one thing, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed. So you may not have an accurate number to report.

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

iCloud suspicious activity call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.