Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

a backup of my old device has disappeared. Did anyone face the same issue?

I gave my iphone 8plus to my brother. Before that I backed that device up and the copy of it was reflected in my iCloud. So I erased the device and he started to use it under his ID. The copy of my iphone 8plus was in my cloud all the time till June, when i decided to upload that device backup on my new phone and i couldn't see it in my cloud anymore. I was shocked. Why do I pay monthly for the storage if the cloud deletes my important information? I had thousands of photos in that backup. Please help me to find a solution. I'm desperate....

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 12:09 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 23, 2020 10:50 PM in response to zinacef

They all were stored in the cloud. I could open my MacBook settings and to see in the apple ID a list of my devices and when I clicked on that copy of iphone 8 plus was written time of the last back up. I made sure that i do back it up before I give it to him. But what happened with that backup after some time I have no clue....Please if you know how to handle this issue guide me.

Do they have some timeframes of the storage for a copy without actual device. I mean that copy was hanging in the cloud for more than 6 months before I got a new device for transfer of those data.

a backup of my old device has disappeared. Did anyone face the same issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.