Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iCloud backing up to a device that has been deleted?

I had an eight-year-old iPad that my daughter used linked to my AppleID. I have since deleted the device in iCloud settings and it is also gone from Apple ID on my iPhone. I am trying to back up my iPhone, which is the main device on my account but it continues to back up the iPad even though it does not show on my Apple ID account any longer. I updated to the latest iOS on my iPhone and tried again. The time and date of my last backup shows accurately but when I log into iCloud online to manage my photos, etc., it is still pulling what was on that old iPad. The iPhone is the only device showing on my iCloud. Any ideas how I can get it to recognize my iPhone data?

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 7:47 AM

4 replies

Aug 8, 2021 8:47 AM in response to muguy

Ok. Thank you. I had Photos "On" in iCloud settings but didn't have iCloud turned on in Photos under Settings. It looks like it is now pulling some photos from my iPhone as opposed to only that old iPad. It only pulled in 93 of over 3k photos though. I have 200GB of storage in iCloud and all of my pics and videos are less than 19GB so I'm not sure why it's not pulling them all into iCloud.

Why is my iCloud backing up to a device that has been deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.