Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find my own posts?

This has been asked before but the answers do NOT work. How the *&(*&$*%^! do I find my own posts and threads in the latest version of Apple Discussions?

In navigating Apple's most recent version of Discussions, nothing has been harder than trying to find my own posts.

I've tried clicking my username, as people suggest- nothing.

I've tried links people suggest- nothing.

It seems the only way to navigate this forum is to keep masses of manual browser-level bookmarks of your own posts, which is ridiculous.

Why do APPLE choose to make it so hard?

I have key questions I asked a week ago that I need to see the answers for (not expecting anything positive, considering my 10+ years worth of experience with apple). However, a lack of forum 'see your posts' button is possibly the most beyond belief failure of apple I've seen.

Oh, and I'll BOOKMARK THIS PAGE.

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 6:54 AM

Well you have since the first sentence of my post was "This has been asked before". If you search the forum for the same title, you'll find an almost identical "locked" post by another user & replies from several users saying they've experienced the same issue.

Yes, I saw that and searched for similar topics. All of the ones I found (or I should say the dozen randomly chosen ones I read) all says they can't figure out where to access their previous posts. Not that the links to do so are missing. But the latter does count in a way because many of these old topics tell the user to click on the Activity or Content links, neither of which exist anymore. The forum has gone through a few major changes/rewrites in a rather short timespan, and My Subscriptions is now the only link for getting at your previous posts. And as mentioned, you have to be logged into your account first, which you also are unable to do because that link is also missing for you.

The idea there's something wrong with the OS on all of my devices & computers including windows PCs and Macs, seems odd (Perhaps one machine but not all- around 0% chance of that).

And I agreed that's very unlikely. But not getting the option to sign in on any device with any browser defies logic.

I have however since clicked around the site and discovered the link appears on some pages & not others, so I've re-logged in & fixed the issue.

So you have now fixed it?

Similar questions

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 6:54 AM in response to Bobwilson9b

Well you have since the first sentence of my post was "This has been asked before". If you search the forum for the same title, you'll find an almost identical "locked" post by another user & replies from several users saying they've experienced the same issue.

Yes, I saw that and searched for similar topics. All of the ones I found (or I should say the dozen randomly chosen ones I read) all says they can't figure out where to access their previous posts. Not that the links to do so are missing. But the latter does count in a way because many of these old topics tell the user to click on the Activity or Content links, neither of which exist anymore. The forum has gone through a few major changes/rewrites in a rather short timespan, and My Subscriptions is now the only link for getting at your previous posts. And as mentioned, you have to be logged into your account first, which you also are unable to do because that link is also missing for you.

The idea there's something wrong with the OS on all of my devices & computers including windows PCs and Macs, seems odd (Perhaps one machine but not all- around 0% chance of that).

And I agreed that's very unlikely. But not getting the option to sign in on any device with any browser defies logic.

I have however since clicked around the site and discovered the link appears on some pages & not others, so I've re-logged in & fixed the issue.

So you have now fixed it?

Oct 25, 2020 1:13 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Your suggestion does not work, surprise surprise!

There is no 'My Subscriptions' link showing.

Why would apple label "my posts" as "my subscriptions" anyway? Apple uses the term "Subscriptions" to mean monthly pay-for-subscriptions in itunes and apple store etc. so why they'd use the same term to mean subcriptions to a thread is not a very intelligent way of doing things. Remember: the best interface designers predict what the USERS will click, not teach the users. This is basic to tech education dating back long before apple even existed.

Anyway, so Apple chose to use an ambiguous term instead of "my posts" button. I guess we have to accept that. Back on point (and yes, I've tried up to date versions of safari, chrome, firefox etc.):

Here are the links available:

Contact Support

Sign in

Browse Search

Support Communities / Using Apple Support Communities

User profile

But then, I'm sure you already know that right??

Oct 25, 2020 2:07 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Oh honey, I've tried every device you can think of, iphone, macbook, macbook pro, mac pro, etc. However, the fact apple don't make this forum for iphone is another odd design decision considering iphone is one of their most used devices.

Thanks for your pic, see mine showing 'nothing' below.

FYI, I'm sure there's a way, SOMEHOW, it's just so unnecessarily hard & everything is so full of bugs.

....etc.

Oct 25, 2020 2:30 PM in response to Bobwilson9b

I'm not sure what browser you have up (Chrome?). I tried the forums in Firefox and got the same thing you're seeing - only Browse and Search pushed off to the right.

But, that was because I hadn't signed into my account yet. Once I signed in, then I got the My Subscriptions link. It works correctly for me in both Safari and Firefox. We don't allow Chrome or anything else by Google on our computers, so I can't test that.

The real problem I see is you're not even getting the Sign In link. No matter where you are in the forums, you should have access to this link:

I can't guess why you're not seeing it.

Oct 25, 2020 7:42 PM in response to Bobwilson9b

Until your topic, I have never heard of a single other person not being able to sign in due to lack of the link even being accessible.

You may have third party software installed that's causing the problem. The OS itself may be damaged and needs to be reinstalled. But not getting the option to sign in on any device with any browser defies logic.

A quick test is to create a new user account, login to that and see if it behaves the same way.

Oct 25, 2020 9:18 PM in response to Kurt Lang

There's no third party software interfering with browsing on FF, Chrome, and Safari on more than 5 Apple devices & a windows machine. Chance of that on one machine and one browser I can almost accept (but not so many)

I have however since clicked around the site and discovered the link appears on some pages & not others, so I've re-logged in & fixed the issue. I won't accept that this isn't an Apple issue. They need better interface design & usability testing not only on this forum but on iOS, and MacOS.

Oct 27, 2020 6:54 AM in response to Kurt Lang

I'm glad you agree- but these lousy interface designs & bugs are what we Apple users have to get used to (in the case of this website, lousy & unintuitive design choice).

Although Apple provides great hardware (not made by them admittedly) & concept, the execution of the software side of things unfortunately isn't as reliable as most companies out there. I hope apple manage to hire some reliable programmers one day who realise that interface design & testing is just as important as coding. Considering it's been like this for over a decade, I'm not holding my breath.

It's a shame as if I'm tempted to switch to other brands as a result of ongoing bugs / issues, then others will be too.

Oct 27, 2020 1:18 PM in response to Bobwilson9b

So you are comparing the design of the ASC to other Apple software? Which software?

Interface design is highly subjective just because you don't like it does not mean that others do. Besides which the design was carried over from 3rd party software and I doubt that more than 1% of the users here care either way, they come and ask there question and leave never to return.

How do I find my own posts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.