Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Sharing

I recently signed up for the Apple Music Family Plan. All my family members have their own Apple ids and are signed in to them but are signed into my Apple ID for purchases.

In Apple Music they are not getting prompted to create there own Apple Music Profile. When they open Apple Music they see my profile. And see my preferences for music. What do I need to change so that they can have their own Apple Music profiles under our family subscription?

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 9:31 AM

Hi there, Haggis73,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that the users in your Family Sharing plan only see your profile in Apple Music. It seems like they are signed into your Apple ID for purchases. You'll want to have them each sign out of your Apple ID. You can share purchases in Family Sharing.

Family purchases and payments

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing

Once they are no longer using your Apple ID for purchases, then have them try to set up their own music profiles: See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2020 9:31 AM in response to Haggis73

Hi there, Haggis73,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that the users in your Family Sharing plan only see your profile in Apple Music. It seems like they are signed into your Apple ID for purchases. You'll want to have them each sign out of your Apple ID. You can share purchases in Family Sharing.

Family purchases and payments

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing

Once they are no longer using your Apple ID for purchases, then have them try to set up their own music profiles: See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

Apple Music Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.