Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Photosmart C4480 printing problem in Mac OS 10.15.7

Having a problem printing & scanning with a HP Photosmart Printer C4480,. Get an error message-"One or more components of the HP Printing software are corrupted or missing. The print job cannot be completed. To fix this situation, HP recommends reinstalling the print driver software." I've downloaded & installed the software 3 times, and the problem still exist. I have an iMac(bubble base) running on Mac OS 10.3.9 & a Mac Book Pro 15 running on Mac OS 10.13.6, no problem. This problem is on my MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid 2015- Mac OS 10.15.7, and it just "started doing this today." Can any one help.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 4:25 AM

This same message came up on the same day (Oct 23, 2020) with a different model HP LaserJet printer, and I've found many people posting to the HP website: same message, same day, same problem. We're using Mojave, but it seems to be that someone decided to not support older printers any longer. HP driver software (latest I can download) won't work with Mojave, nor does Mac's printer software seem to work. Delete/reset printing system/re-add all seem to initially work until it comes time to print. The printer acts as if there's a previous print-job in queue (though nothing there) along with the same error message as yours.

Similar questions

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2020 4:25 AM in response to richit1

This same message came up on the same day (Oct 23, 2020) with a different model HP LaserJet printer, and I've found many people posting to the HP website: same message, same day, same problem. We're using Mojave, but it seems to be that someone decided to not support older printers any longer. HP driver software (latest I can download) won't work with Mojave, nor does Mac's printer software seem to work. Delete/reset printing system/re-add all seem to initially work until it comes time to print. The printer acts as if there's a previous print-job in queue (though nothing there) along with the same error message as yours.

Oct 24, 2020 7:03 AM in response to Kappy

No my driver is HP Print Driver 5.0.5, I downloaded from the above link "HPPrinterDriver 5.1," installed, it doesn't work, and when I check the info in the HP utility it says, 5.0.5, also when I was installing it, got an error message saying the certificate had "expired" date of expiration Oct. 2019

Oct 24, 2020 5:48 PM in response to HHussmann

The problem is the HP Printer Driver Certificate has expired. A programmer within HP has posted an ftp link to a package that updates the drivers and the Certificate. It worked for my HP Deskjet 6980 with Mojave 10.14.6 so I can once again print. Here's a link to the solution discussion on the HP community forum. Look for the Accepted Solution entry in the discussion.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/Driver-Certificate-Expired-Yesterday/m-p/7826768#M895582

HP Photosmart C4480 printing problem in Mac OS 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.