Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign in in Messages

Hi.

I'm facing an error that doesn't let me log in to Messages en MacBook Pro.

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

I'm able to log in to iMessages in my phone, so I think it's not a problem of my account. Also, I've tried to reset the NVRAM but it didn't work.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 7:51 PM

Thank you. I ended up reaching out Apple support because after adding more email addresses and phone numbers to my Apple ID account I couldn't log in. The problem was my Apple ID due to a possible spam report, which doesn't make sense because I don't use my phone number or email to send ads. Anyway, the problem is solved.

Thank you all!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 7:51 PM in response to SnickZ.

Thank you. I ended up reaching out Apple support because after adding more email addresses and phone numbers to my Apple ID account I couldn't log in. The problem was my Apple ID due to a possible spam report, which doesn't make sense because I don't use my phone number or email to send ads. Anyway, the problem is solved.

Thank you all!

Oct 28, 2020 9:14 PM in response to revbill222

Thank you for your help.

I tried the tips that you sent me in your reply and everything worked, but I'm still experiencing the same problem:

1. I was able to log in to appleid.apple.com in Safari.
  2. I have the right configuration in the Date & Time settings.
  3. I have the latest macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Please, let me know if there's anything else I can try.

Thank you!

Nov 4, 2020 5:58 PM in response to CarlAVII

Hi CarlAVII.

I followed the steps that you sent me but unfortunately I'm still getting the same error.

I don't know if this could help in order to find a solution, but when I try to log in in FaceTime, I get this error:

When I access to my Apple ID, I can see under the "Reachable at" section my email and my phone number.

Nov 4, 2020 6:13 PM in response to cech7

Also, there's one behavior I've noticed.

When I try to log in to Messages the first time, it's like it works (but not at all). And if I go to Messages -> Preferences -> iMessage tab, at first, it appears like I logged in successfully, but after a brief delay, it asks me to log in again and then I get the error I sent in my first comment.

Can't sign in in Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.