Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone flashing Apple logo on and off

My new iphone 12 pro is just flashing the apple logo off and on after doing restore through iTunes. What do I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 9:54 PM

1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - Follow the instructions in this article by Apple ➔ If your iPhone is Non-Responsive or Frozen and see if that helps.

(3)  If that does not help your phone might need service ➔  Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 9:54 PM in response to Havamom

1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - Follow the instructions in this article by Apple ➔ If your iPhone is Non-Responsive or Frozen and see if that helps.

(3)  If that does not help your phone might need service ➔  Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Axel F.

Oct 24, 2020 12:31 PM in response to Axel Foley

Thank you Axel! I did do that last night and after the Apple logo came up, it would stay a minute and then go away (black screen). Then the Apple logo would come up again for a minute, then go away again. It kept repeating this for 30 minutes or more. After seeing some instructions I went to the recovery screen, and then connected to iTunes again and chose “Update”. (That’s what the Apple support instructions said) That did not work, and I was back to the Apple logo, black screen, back and forth again. I had worn myself out and had to give up and go to bed. (I had also “chatted” with a Verizon agent who recommended taking it back to the store and getting a replacement.) Got up this morning with the intention of heading to the Verizon store, but decided to try one more thing. I got the phone back to the recovery screen and plugged into iTunes again but this time chose Restore instead of Update. I got the warning that it would uninstall iOS and reinstall but proceeded anyway. Figured nothing to lose at this point.

And that did it! It came back up as a new phone ready for set up again. Hallelujah! After that I downloaded my last iCloud update which was only about a week old ........ and so far so good. It has been about 6 hours since and the phone seems fine.

Thank you for replying! This site was very helpful! I’ve got a couple if weeks to take this phone back if need be, but it’s looking okay for now.

iPhone flashing Apple logo on and off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.