Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 pro ringtone cutting off after about 2 seconds

Is anybody having the same problem as me with the duration of the ringtone on a new iPhone 12 pro?

I've done various scenarios like Going to "Settings > Sounds & Haptics", under Ringer and Alerts, moving the slider causes the ringtone to start playing, but stops after about 1.5 seconds. Change with buttons makes no difference. Under Sounds and Vibration Patterns, I select Ringtone. I have tried changing my purchased ringtone to an apple-supplied one but the same thing happens, I choose any ringtone and no matter which one I choose. the ringtone will play in its entirety then, when I go back to "Sounds and Haptics", and repeat the aforementioned step, the same cutoff occurs. Surely I shouldn't have to do a factory settings reset after only having purchased the phone yesterday??? Can anybody advise me what to do?

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 11:08 AM

i have found the solution for this problem. Go to setting and turn off attention aware feature off. This should resolve the issue.

8 replies

Oct 24, 2020 2:28 AM in response to AlanItaly

When you are in the Sounds & Haptics setting and setting up the loudness of the Ringer then the ringtone is just played as a sample for you to hear it and set it. That does not set up or indicate how long our ringer will ring when somebody actually calls you. Have someone call you and see whether your iPhone rings satisfactorily.

I like to keep the Change with Buttons to OFF because I do not like to change the ringer volume with the side buttons. I tend to accidentally lower the volume of the ringer if that setting is set to ON.

Axel F.

Nov 1, 2020 1:58 AM in response to AlanItaly

facing the same issue on my brand new 12 pro purchased from New Delhi, India.

no matter how many times i adjust the volume slider in sound & haptic setting, after a few minutes, it again goes to ZERO.

also there is a weird vibration sound coming along with ringtone (opening), i guess there is no option to attach sound clip here.

how & where to escalate.

iPhone 12 pro ringtone cutting off after about 2 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.