Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio Export - No Sound

I have imported video into Final Cut Pro. The sound works fine. I can hear it . . . but when I export the file, the sound is only audible up to about 11 minutes . . . What is odd is that the sound-waves are visible in Final Cut (see image) up to 11 minutes . . . and then no sound-waves are visually represented in the audio-file right at the point where the sound cuts off after it is exported . . . Yet when I play the video within Final Cut Pro, the sound is fine . . . I have absolutely no idea how the sound is getting cut out when the video exports. I have reset the FCO preferences, re-imported the video, and it still does exactly the same thing . . . I have never had this problem before. Does anyone have any ideas?

Paul Hamilton

MacBook Air 11″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 3:19 AM

11 replies

Oct 24, 2020 5:49 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Ah, thanks. I rendered the video, but sadly - when I export the video - the sound is still absent from it after 11 minutes . . . I am absolutely baffled - as the clip is completely audible when I play it within FCP. It has never happened that audio simply arbitrarily cut out - from an mp4 file . . .

Good to know that the audio can still be present if the waveforms are missing.

Oct 24, 2020 6:25 AM in response to hamiltonpaul

If you cache files are stored outside the library, simply delete the cache bundle. If the cache is stored inside the library, try this. Close the application. Open the library bundle and go to the event folder that contains the project. In the Render Files folder, trash the Thumbnail Media and Peak Data folders. Relaunch the application loading Opt-Cmd to reset the preferences, then open your own library. If the project isn't open in the timeline, open the project. Do not do anything else. Wait. Let the application redraw the filmstrips and waveforms. Does it file the entire waveform. Try changing the scale, zooming in and out, to get ti draw the waveforms. Don't do anything else in the library or the project. If the waveform appears correctly, try exporting the project.

audio Export - No Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.