Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did my microphone go when I am texting?

Help I need my microphone for texting

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 1:13 PM

Hey there Mgtcar,

We understand you have a question about sending audio messages, and we'd like to share a resource that can help.

Check it out here: Send photo, video, or audio messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're looking for dictation, take a look at this article: Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you’re not seeing the microphone on the keyboard in Messages, go to Settings > General > Keyboards. Make sure that “Enable Dictation” has been turned on. If it wasn’t, check the keyboard in the Messages app and see if the microphone is available now.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2020 1:13 PM in response to Mgtcar

Hey there Mgtcar,

We understand you have a question about sending audio messages, and we'd like to share a resource that can help.

Check it out here: Send photo, video, or audio messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're looking for dictation, take a look at this article: Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you’re not seeing the microphone on the keyboard in Messages, go to Settings > General > Keyboards. Make sure that “Enable Dictation” has been turned on. If it wasn’t, check the keyboard in the Messages app and see if the microphone is available now.

Cheers!

Where did my microphone go when I am texting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.