Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple News Special Coverage Topics

How do I remove the Special Coverage topics, and prevent new ones from ever popping up?

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 3:32 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, ryane77,

The article you suggested deals mainly with topics inside the Today section. That's not what I mean. Maybe I wasn't clear.

The topics I'm talking about are shown in the sidebar, right under "Apple News".

Base on a twitter exchange I had with apple support, those sections cannot be removed because they are curated and put there, where they're prominently displayed, by Apple.

If I were not paying for the service, I would, of course, accept the curated content. But I do pay for the News+ service. I am currently reviewing alternatives to Apple News and News+.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2020 3:32 PM in response to ryane77

Thanks for the suggestion, ryane77,

The article you suggested deals mainly with topics inside the Today section. That's not what I mean. Maybe I wasn't clear.

The topics I'm talking about are shown in the sidebar, right under "Apple News".

Base on a twitter exchange I had with apple support, those sections cannot be removed because they are curated and put there, where they're prominently displayed, by Apple.

If I were not paying for the service, I would, of course, accept the curated content. But I do pay for the News+ service. I am currently reviewing alternatives to Apple News and News+.

Oct 28, 2020 4:48 PM in response to WEsteban

Yes, but I learned through Apple News that they think there is water on the moon so Elon Musk will probably speed up his efforts to go there. And in The Onion today they said California is already working on a 232,000 mile pipeline to tap it.

At least Election 2020 should be gone by the end of next month.

Apple News Special Coverage Topics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.