Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock Iphone SE 2020

For unlocking my iPhone se 2020, I have to press the touch ID all tbe time. Even if I disable touch ID, I have to touch the touch ID to enter the passcode.

Assuming that the touch IDis physically damaged, isn't there any way to unlock the phone?

Basically I am looking to unlock the phone without touching the touch id. Is it possible?

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 8:48 AM

If you have Touch ID turned off.. the reason you have to press the home button is to wake the phone up before you enter your passcode. You should also be able to press the sleep/wake/power button and the phone should wake up and ask for your passcode

12 replies

Oct 24, 2020 9:09 AM in response to srinivas247

I see.. I'm too used to my Face ID devices.

I pulled out the iPad mini and turned off Touch ID for unlocking and I see your issue. Just waking up the device with the power button does not bring up the passcode prompt.

I was able to get it by pressing the power button to wake it up.. press and hold the power button until the prompt comes up to power off the device.. then I selected 'cancel' and the passcode prompt showed up. Hopefully it works on an iPhone too!

Oct 24, 2020 9:41 AM in response to srinivas247

there are only, what 4 physical buttons on that device? 1 of the 2 most important buttons is broken.. which will clearly have some side effects. And this makes you think you made a mistake buying an iPhone? You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm guessing whatever brand phone you buy, if the most important button on that phone stops working, you'll be in the same boat.

Using a passcode is far from useless. It helps keep your device secure. If you use your phone for wireless payments or managing credit cards or checking work email etc etc.. You want anyone to have access to that when you misplace your phone one day?

Even if you feel that it's useless, you can always turn off your passcode.

Unlock Iphone SE 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.