You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can’t i put widgets on my main home screen for my ipad?

i’ve seen people with ios 14 on their iphones put widgets all over their home screen, but my ipad only lets me do it in the today view???

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 9:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 5:01 PM

Widgets are implemented differently on iPad and iPhone - the available features for each being documented in the respective User Guide:

Apple - Support - Manuals

The ability to freely place Widgets on Home Screens is a feature of iOS14 for iPhone. iPadOS14 instead allows Widgets to be pinned to the first Home Screen - this feature not being available to iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2020 5:01 PM in response to elaina259

Widgets are implemented differently on iPad and iPhone - the available features for each being documented in the respective User Guide:

Apple - Support - Manuals

The ability to freely place Widgets on Home Screens is a feature of iOS14 for iPhone. iPadOS14 instead allows Widgets to be pinned to the first Home Screen - this feature not being available to iPhone.

why can’t i put widgets on my main home screen for my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.