Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prompt about malicious file

Hi

I got OS Catalina reinstalled on my Macbook earlier this week. It's been functioning well. However, today I was streaming a TV program on my computer and suddenly it crashed and restarted. After restart I now constantly get this prompt that "HPDevicemonitoring.framework" will damage my computer. I click OK, but then it comes back again and I can't get it away... What should I do? Please help. I'm attaching screen shots.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 12:30 AM

Finally, this article has helped me: I did the second option, first uninstalling and then reinstalling. Now I'm able to print and no pop-ups!

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/quot-HPxxxxx-framework-quot-will-damage-your-computer-quot/tac-p/7842736#M867

10 replies

Oct 24, 2020 12:25 PM in response to bszorad

You should soon be receiving an HP printer driver v5.1 update via Catalina's Software Update panel that may resolve a bunch of HP printer pop-up issues. After installing it, visit System Preferences : Printers & Scanners, and right-click on your current printer name to Reset the Print System. This will remove the current printer item, and you then re-add the printer with the proper driver selection for your device from the newly installed HP package. See if this clears up the dialog storm.

Prompt about malicious file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.