Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Catalina pop up message "ProntoApp" will damage your computer. You should move it to the Bin.

Directly after installing macOS Catalina on my MacBook Pro 13inch 2017, I received a pop up message stating, "ProntoApp" will damage your computer. You should move it to the Bin. I clicked Move to Bin but the message keeps reappearing. Please could someone advise what steps I should take to deal with this?

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 7:12 PM

Go to the desktop

Click on Go in the menu bar

Click on Computer in the drop down list

Type in "prontoapp" in the folder search bar

Drag the ProntoApp folder and any additional ProntoApp files to trash

Empty trash

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 3, 2019 1:34 AM in response to Andrew Kee

Thank you

I have been trying various methods suggested by other people but this one does appear to have worked.

I also loved the simplicity of the instructions.

I wonder why Apple do not appear to understand this problem when you contact their help desk and I had to abandon it after several attempts

Many thanks again

John

MacOS Catalina pop up message "ProntoApp" will damage your computer. You should move it to the Bin.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.