Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer listen to my own music after Apple Music subscription ended

Long before I had started using apple music, I had added a lot of my own songs to my phone through the itunes PC application including some downloaded youtube songs. Now, after my subscription had just ended today, I can no longer listen to over half of my songs 2000+ that were manually added through itunes and were never downloaded from apple music. Is there any way to fix this without having to comb through years of files to find all the songs again and manually add them?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 3:17 PM

Rsa-Ga7 wrote:

Long before I had started using apple music, I had added a lot of my own songs to my phone through the itunes PC application including some downloaded youtube songs. Now, after my subscription had just ended today, I can no longer listen to over half of my songs 2000+ that were manually added through itunes and were never downloaded from apple music. Is there any way to fix this without having to comb through years of files to find all the songs again and manually add them?

Once you disable Apple Music, your local iTunes library should be as it was before Apple Music., This includes any of your CD based Music. Nothing was deleted by Apple Music.

It is your responsibility to have backed up your non iTunes purchased music.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2020 3:17 PM in response to Rsa-Ga7

Rsa-Ga7 wrote:

Once you disable Apple Music, your local iTunes library should be as it was before Apple Music., This includes any of your CD based Music. Nothing was deleted by Apple Music.

It is your responsibility to have backed up your non iTunes purchased music.

Can no longer listen to my own music after Apple Music subscription ended

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.