Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Crop function is weird

Suddenly when I try to do a Ken Burns there's only a right-to-left (or opposite) choice. Worse, a selected photo or video may appear halfway up the frame. There's little button I never saw before on the right of the viewing screen that toggle the selection vertically and seems to affect previously set clips. I must have changed something somewhere but don't know what it was.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 10:21 PM

11 replies

Oct 25, 2020 1:41 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

OK, this is a narration project where I start with one image, then lay the narration, then add images or video to match it. So I unthinkingly dropped in a vertical oriented image, did the narration, then when I moved on the the video components, it was all weird. In settings (when I tried to render) I saw it had automatically set to that one image, so that must be it. Even when I threw it all away (saving the audio) and started a new project, the same thing happens. How do I get back to the default (I already did the option/control startup.)? Here's what the settings look like.

Wait. I thought events are in projects, not projects in events......Hmmmm

My Crop function is weird

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.