Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect otg

How can I connect pendrive on my iPad 8th gen ?

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 10:29 PM

2 replies

Oct 26, 2020 10:07 AM in response to jitendra246

To be recognised by iPadOS, the attached USB storage device must be formatted to FAT, FAT32, exFAT or APFS with a single data partition. As the iPad has limited power capabilities, dependent upon the Storage Device, an external power source is often required.

If your iPad Pro has a Lightning port, you will need to use an Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter to directly connect USB devices to the iPad. This adapter has both a USB 3.0 Type-A connector and an additional Lightning port to supply power, from your Power Adapter, to both the iPad and connected device. The external Power Adapter must be rated at 12W or more.

If you have one of the newest iPad Pro models, with a USB-C connector, you may need to utilise a powered USB hub (i.e., it has its own source of power) - connecting both the iPad Pro and the storage device to ports on the hub.

More information here:

Connect external devices or servers with Files on iPad - Apple Support

I hope this information is helpful in resolving any difficulties with external storage devices.

How to connect otg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.