Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock / unlock on iPhone 12 pro

Hello! I use a follio style case and got used to the lock / unlock feature on my IPhone XS. However my iPhone 12 pro no longer has this feature.

help?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 10:18 AM

Apple is not here, so they will not respond.. This is a user to user forum.

If you want to contact Apple support, you can do so by using the link at the top of this page

or you can provide feedback here Feedback - iPhone - Apple

14 replies

Oct 30, 2020 3:38 AM in response to chet925

I have the OtterBox folio case. I don’t think the issue is the case. The “lock / unlock” option under settings > display brightness is simply missing on the 12 Pro and I have no idea where it went. I am not sure if the magnet that interacts with the Smart Cover tech was removed for the MagSafe charging or what but I suspect this may be the issue especially if the only need for it is to support a folio case which Apple (potentially) no longer intends to build for the 12.

Nov 15, 2020 9:40 AM in response to IflungDung

I upgraded to a 12 pro max from a xs max. I have the same issue. Both phones are running iOS 14.2. My xs max shows the lock/unlock feature. My 12 pro max does not show this feature. So, this is not an iOS problem. If apple is hiding the feature on the 12 pro max because it has not released its own folio case, I am incredibly disappointed. I have a few weeks before I need to return the 12 pro max, but I might. And I might as a result cancel the Apple One service I just signed up for, for $30/month.

I use the Shieldon folio cases for the record. Good products.

Apple, please respond and fix this problem. I expect my new Apple Pro 12 pro max should work with a folio case. Enable the lock/unlock display feature.

Lock / unlock on iPhone 12 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.