Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Qi Wireless Charging on iPhone 12

Hi there. My understanding is that the new iPhones would support wireless charging on the Qi standard. Unfortunately my new phone does not charge on the wireless chargers I have vs my old iPhone 11 Pro Max does. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Is it a unit issue?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 11:02 AM

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

If the above does not work then Please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 11:02 AM in response to ajayan88

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

If the above does not work then Please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Nov 8, 2020 4:44 AM in response to ajayan88

Hi,

I have the same problem here. Sometimes it works with loading and sometimes not. If I do a hardware reset, then it works again but after a while, the same problem again. Also after installing the update (iOS 14.2) the same problem. Can anybody give an advise how to solve this issue. I hope, that it is not a hardware issue......

Nov 14, 2020 4:16 AM in response to Axel Foley

This is not working, iPhone 12 Pro Max here, brand new straight out the box updated to 14.2, still has this issue...

using Ravpower multiple chargers around my house and the charger in the new Range Rover Sport...

my Samsung phone sitting next to me charges on all of those chargers just fine..

@Apple your silence is deafening, this will be a deal breaker for me if not fixed / acknowledged with a software update or admission that you messed up charging by adopting MagSafe????

Nov 16, 2020 7:24 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi today after around oine week again it starts to not load with wireless charging. I have made a HW reset, then it has run but after half an hour again the same problem. I have iOS 14.2 installed and it is really strange that after so many days it starts again with not loading.

It seems to me, that it has to do also with the charge level of the battery. Mostly the problem began to rise, when I tried to load by wireless charging at a charge level of >95%.

Nov 20, 2020 6:15 PM in response to eriklein

Actually that is a good thing. I state because if majority of the software related issues can be resolved with a mere restart then why not? Restarting loads the iOS fresh and thus ignoring any issues that may have been developed over long term use of a particular software. The thought process here is that if an issue persists then report it to Apple however continue to restart, resolve the issue and continue to use the iPhone.

Axel F.

Qi Wireless Charging on iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.