Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 magnifier

Since I updated to iOS 14 the magnifier keeps showing up on my screen & the only way to get rid of it is to reset my iPhone. It's a pain in the butt. Also I cannot connect to my 2.4 GHz wifi but my 5.0 GHz works fine. Driving me nuts.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 2:30 PM

Hello wateron,

Thanks for following up with that information. We want to ensure that we understand the issue that is happening. The Magnifier feature will change your screen to show what is viewed through the Camera on your device, helping you see small writing or anything you are needing to see a bit closer up. There is another feature called Zoom, which opens a box on the screen of your iPhone that enlarges a portion of your screen. We want to make sure that both of these features are disabled.

To check if Magnifier is enabled, you go in to Settings > Accessibility > Magnifier and check to see if it is off. You can exit magnifier when it opens by swiping up from the bottom of your screen.

To check if Zoom is what is coming up on your display, go to Settings > Accessibility > Zoom and check to see if it is off. You can open and close the Zoom box when it appears by double tapping your screen with three fingers:

If your Home screen icons are magnified on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If both of those features are disabled and you continue to experience this issue, please reach out to us directly using the following link: Get Support

Best Regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2020 2:30 PM in response to wateron

Hello wateron,

Thanks for following up with that information. We want to ensure that we understand the issue that is happening. The Magnifier feature will change your screen to show what is viewed through the Camera on your device, helping you see small writing or anything you are needing to see a bit closer up. There is another feature called Zoom, which opens a box on the screen of your iPhone that enlarges a portion of your screen. We want to make sure that both of these features are disabled.

To check if Magnifier is enabled, you go in to Settings > Accessibility > Magnifier and check to see if it is off. You can exit magnifier when it opens by swiping up from the bottom of your screen.

To check if Zoom is what is coming up on your display, go to Settings > Accessibility > Zoom and check to see if it is off. You can open and close the Zoom box when it appears by double tapping your screen with three fingers:

If your Home screen icons are magnified on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If both of those features are disabled and you continue to experience this issue, please reach out to us directly using the following link: Get Support

Best Regards.

Oct 29, 2020 10:25 AM in response to wateron

Hey there wateron,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you are having some problems with Magnifier on your iPhone. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

Regarding Magnifier, if that is a feature you wish to leave enabled, there are ways to turn it on or off, depending on your iPhone model. You can also disable the feature all together. Take a look at this helpful resource that goes over how to control that feature as well as how to turn it on or off:

Use Magnifier with your iPhone or iPad

We hope this helps!

Cheers!

iOS 14 magnifier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.