Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watchOS 7.0.2 resting heart rate not calculating properly

Since the watchOS 7.0.2 update the calculation of my resting heart rate is completely wrong. I'm using a new Apple Watch 6 series as of two weeks ago. My normal resting heart rate is 40-41 for the last year. Since the watchOS 7 update it is all over the place, but since the 7.0.2 update it appears to just be my average heart rate for the day. See image from my watch today. The calculated number of 70 is just completely wrong, as you can see from my actual resting periods. Does anyone know what is going on? Can I roll-back watchOS 7 update?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 12:37 PM

Read here if you're having problems with ios14.0.1 and watchos7.0.2

And you can't downgrade an apple watch.

2 replies

Oct 26, 2020 2:33 AM in response to Community User

Thank you for link @fieryjack. I did see that page before posting my question, but I didn’t see how it is applicable, after reading the list of conditions it lists as symptoms the procedure it details will correct. My new watch is working and is calculating my resting heart rate as an average of my heart rate throughout the day. I don’t see how wiping my iPhone and watch will change that.

watchOS 7.0.2 resting heart rate not calculating properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.