Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch heart rate monitor

Following the latest update for my Apple Watch the heart rate monitor no longer works properly.

Unless I manually press the heart button it does not measure the heart rate.

once it measures the heart rate once it’ll turn itself off.

this is a problem as having had previous heart issues I need to see when my heart rate is spiking.

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 7:03 AM

Unless you're in a workout the heart monitor doesn't check your heart rate live.

Quote from the support page;

When you use the Workout app, Apple Watch measures your heart rate continuously during the workout and for 3 minutes after the workout ends to determine a workout recovery rate. If you don't see your heart rate, check your settings.

This information, as well as other data it collects, helps Apple Watch estimate how many calories you’ve burned. In addition, Apple Watch measures your heart rate throughout the day when you’re still, and periodically when you’re walking (Apple Watch Series 1 or later).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 7:03 AM in response to RegularrSteven

Unless you're in a workout the heart monitor doesn't check your heart rate live.

Quote from the support page;

When you use the Workout app, Apple Watch measures your heart rate continuously during the workout and for 3 minutes after the workout ends to determine a workout recovery rate. If you don't see your heart rate, check your settings.

This information, as well as other data it collects, helps Apple Watch estimate how many calories you’ve burned. In addition, Apple Watch measures your heart rate throughout the day when you’re still, and periodically when you’re walking (Apple Watch Series 1 or later).

Apple Watch heart rate monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.