Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deauthorization fails to allow new authorization

I have deauthorized two old computers but when trying to authorize new one it keeps saying I have 5 computers authorized and I need to deauthorize one.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 5:37 PM

See this article:

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

If you run out of authorizations, deauthorize all
If one of your 5 authorizations is on a computer that you don't use anymore, deauthorize it. If you sold or gave away a computer that's used one of your 5 authorizations, you need to choose Deauthorize All on the Account Information page. Then authorize each computer that you still use.

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 5:37 PM in response to RMan75

See this article:

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

If you run out of authorizations, deauthorize all
If one of your 5 authorizations is on a computer that you don't use anymore, deauthorize it. If you sold or gave away a computer that's used one of your 5 authorizations, you need to choose Deauthorize All on the Account Information page. Then authorize each computer that you still use.

Good luck!

Deauthorization fails to allow new authorization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.