Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro screen

Why is my screen is half cut off like there’s a black block?

I tried restarting and everything.

MacBook

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 10:25 PM

What happens if you choose "DEFAULT FOR DISPLAY" instead of other SCALED options?

I couldn't see properly but is there a black strip / bar running along the left edge of the screen or is the screen just looks expanded and shifted to the left?

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 10:25 PM in response to looskii

What happens if you choose "DEFAULT FOR DISPLAY" instead of other SCALED options?

I couldn't see properly but is there a black strip / bar running along the left edge of the screen or is the screen just looks expanded and shifted to the left?

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Axel F.

macbook pro screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.