Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spamming Spacebar

My MacBook Air keeps on doing the "space" even when I don't touch it, when I rest my thumbs on it it spams, and sometimes after I press space and try to type something else it will keep spamming space, like " " .

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 8:03 AM

I understand your MacBook Air's space bar is typing space characters on its own.

Perhaps its keyboard needs to be cleaned. Even though it is written for other portable Mac models, you can use this procedure: How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro - Apple Support. You don't need to measure the 75° angle with a protractor but be sure to follow the instructions with care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 8:03 AM in response to ykkong

I understand your MacBook Air's space bar is typing space characters on its own.

Perhaps its keyboard needs to be cleaned. Even though it is written for other portable Mac models, you can use this procedure: How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro - Apple Support. You don't need to measure the 75° angle with a protractor but be sure to follow the instructions with care.

Spamming Spacebar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.