Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won’t transfer photos from lightening to SD Card Reader

After the latest software update I’m unable to transfer photos from my SD Card Reader. I purchased another Lightening Sd Card Reader and the iPad won’t prompt to import photos. I tried the same reader and sd card in my husband’s iPad and it worked. I have restarted the iPad, all with no success. Thank you.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 3:15 AM

With introduction of iPadOS the import photos prompt doesn’t now occur. Instead, you should be able to simply import using the native Files App.

More info here (link updated):

Import photos and videos to iPad - Apple Support

1 reply

iPad won’t transfer photos from lightening to SD Card Reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.