Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple sd card reader

My Apple sd card reader will not allow me to upload my photos from the camera card to my iPad as I have always done. Why? I am using a card reader with the old connection but through the supplied adapter for my new iPad.

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 6:32 AM

rutters18 wrote:

My Apple sd card reader will not allow me to upload my photos from the camera card to my iPad as I have always done. Why? I am using a card reader with the old connection but through the supplied adapter for my new iPad.

See >>> Import photos using Apple camera adapters – Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 6:32 AM in response to rutters18

rutters18 wrote:

See >>> Import photos using Apple camera adapters – Apple Support

Jun 8, 2021 3:36 AM in response to rutters18

A little hard to advise and help you when you provide NO information about your iPad.

Here are my questions to you.

What year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in small

print, right under the larger bold print “iPad”.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how

much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

All of that additional info can be found in the Settings app, General settings panel, About.

Please attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

Jun 8, 2021 6:10 AM in response to MichelPM

Thanks for your response and sorry for the lack of detail. Here is what you asked. It’s a model A 2197 purchased

new a year ago in 2020. Operating on IOS 14.6 . Used 30.5 GB of 128GB available . The Apple card reader works because I can load the photos on the camera sd card on to my old 8 year old IPad with the old connection but not on my new one using the adapter for the smaller later connection.

Apple sd card reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.