Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes music held for ransom

How do i access my already BOUGHT music? Music I have bought through itunes over the years is missing and now I am reading to access it i have to subscribe to apple music. Why is my music being held ransom when I don't want to subscribe.

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 9:24 AM

You don't need to subscribe to Apple Music to redownload your past purchases. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support.

tt2

4 replies

Oct 26, 2020 4:02 PM in response to christinne240

christinne240 wrote:

Thank you- I found some. It only goes back to 2010 which leaves a large bulk of my music missing. Any way to retrieve the albums before that?

Have you had more than one Apple ID? Are you mistakenly expecting to find media you've previous ripped into iTunes on other computers as a result of signing into your Apple ID on a new one? See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community if media that was on your current computer is no longer listed in iTunes. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community if you have media on a device, old computer, or backup.

tt2

Itunes music held for ransom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.