Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted an old podcast feed and uploaded new feed

Hi,

I had my show on itunes for a while but was through a 3 rd party , I requested they delete it so i can start from scratch. I got approved for the new feed but when searching the old show comes up and doesnt connect (presumably because it was canceled) Can anyone help me square away this mess??

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 9:02 AM

If the Store page URL for the old version of the show beings up a 'not available' error then it's just that the Search system hasn't yet reacted to the show's removal, and it's just a question of waiting until it does.

Give it a bit longer, then if it doesn't sort itself out, you could try contacting Podcasts Support. Go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 9:02 AM in response to Difrah

If the Store page URL for the old version of the show beings up a 'not available' error then it's just that the Search system hasn't yet reacted to the show's removal, and it's just a question of waiting until it does.

Give it a bit longer, then if it doesn't sort itself out, you could try contacting Podcasts Support. Go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Oct 26, 2020 6:36 PM in response to Difrah

I must tell you that I am concerned. I logged into podcast connect and clicked on my podcasts and nothing pops up besides enter a new feed.....When i do enter the new feed , it says it has already been submitted . (plus I received an email it was approved). Is this an indication that something aint right?

Thanks again for your help!

Oct 27, 2020 12:40 AM in response to Difrah

In the email you received confirming approval there is the URL of your iTunes Store page. As long as that works then your podcast is up and available. I don't know why it's not appearing in Podcasts Connect (even if I knew the details of your podcast I wouldn't be able to check this) but possibly it's linked to the delay in appearing in the search results, though that's a guess. As long as it's actually available, give it a few days. If it still doesn't appear, try Support at the link I gave you abnove.

Oct 29, 2020 6:58 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hi, so here is what’s been happening . When I search by podcast name the old feed comes up ( I can see the episodes, but they won’t connect as they were officially taken down) When I search by my name both feeds come up in one lump half are disconnected and the other half work from the new feed. It’s really not conducive to promoting a podcast. I did try to email support a few times but it keeps telling me server is down?? There’s gotta be a way to rectify this ... I’m grateful for any help or guidance . Your input has been the only place I can get real answers .

thanks!

deleted an old podcast feed and uploaded new feed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.