Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages: how do I rearrange pages in Pages 10.0

Hi,

Say I have a 5 page document with each page showing a letter: A, B, C, D, E.

I want to re-order the document by putting D between B and C.

If I select page D in thumbnails I am, in fact, selecting ALL 5 pages!

Is there no way to reorder pages in Pages or must I use a workaround?

thanks, SD

Seb’s 13" MBP

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 10:18 AM

You simply cannot drag thumbnails around to re-arrange a Pages document in Word Processing mode, but you can in Page Layout mode.

1. From Pages View menu, show invisibles.
  2. Click on Page D, and you will see that letter, and a horizontal line that represents the page break between it and page E.
    1. Click to select the page break symbol, then press the shift key, and click the D character. Press ⌘+X to cut that page content.
    2. Click the C thumbnail, place your insertion point immediately before the letter C, and ⌘+V.

You should find Page D now inserted between Pages B and C.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 10:18 AM in response to zebadee

You simply cannot drag thumbnails around to re-arrange a Pages document in Word Processing mode, but you can in Page Layout mode.

1. From Pages View menu, show invisibles.
  2. Click on Page D, and you will see that letter, and a horizontal line that represents the page break between it and page E.
    1. Click to select the page break symbol, then press the shift key, and click the D character. Press ⌘+X to cut that page content.
    2. Click the C thumbnail, place your insertion point immediately before the letter C, and ⌘+V.

You should find Page D now inserted between Pages B and C.

Pages: how do I rearrange pages in Pages 10.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.