Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages: change pages order

Hello everyone,

I have been using Pages for a few weeks and I am very happy with it.

Unfortunately I encounter the following problem: I would like to rearrange the pages of my text file by swapping them; unfortunately I could not find a way to do it, I also tried to follow different tutorials but nothing to do.

Even in thumbnail view I can't do it.

I am using Pages version 12.2.1 (7035.0.161).

Could you help me?

Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 12:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 7:29 AM

Pages has a default word processing mode and an optional page layout mode (there is a blank template for that). In Word processing mode, you can only move section thumbnails (and all of their inherent pages) around. Anything else that you attempt to do via the thumbnails will wipe your document contents. You cannot move a page or pages between sections either. You must insert a new page, select all of the text on the move candidate page, and then paste that selected content into the new page location. Then with the content still selected on the donor page, you press backspace once or twice to remove that entire page.

In a Page layout document, each page is its own section and thumbnail and you can move thumbnails around or remove them with ease. The limitation of Page layout is that any text must be entered in a text box and if you want that to automatically flow to the next page, you would link that text box to one on the following page.

See:

Pages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Pages - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2023 7:29 AM in response to andreaspinelliart

Pages has a default word processing mode and an optional page layout mode (there is a blank template for that). In Word processing mode, you can only move section thumbnails (and all of their inherent pages) around. Anything else that you attempt to do via the thumbnails will wipe your document contents. You cannot move a page or pages between sections either. You must insert a new page, select all of the text on the move candidate page, and then paste that selected content into the new page location. Then with the content still selected on the donor page, you press backspace once or twice to remove that entire page.

In a Page layout document, each page is its own section and thumbnail and you can move thumbnails around or remove them with ease. The limitation of Page layout is that any text must be entered in a text box and if you want that to automatically flow to the next page, you would link that text box to one on the following page.

See:

Pages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Pages - Official Apple Support

Pages: change pages order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.