Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to insert a blank page in the middle of a Pages09 document

I have a long document where I have to insert a blank new page between

pages 2 and 3 in an easy way as I insert an empty line in a text file.

So that pages 3 and for would become pages 4 and 5 with their full context: text, layout, background, settings…

I throughly read the Pages09_UserGuide.pdf with great expectation of finding any solution.

This search was a plain deception.

Perhaps is this a very exceptionnal user need. Unfortunately I am repeatedly needing it.

And I am wasting too much human time to turn into total garbage my Pages09 files with the menu entry

Insert > Page Break

To be honnest I never had one uniq need of this function after 10 years of regular Pages09 use ( about 1000 files ).

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 2:00 PM

In the following example, I have a four-page document. I want to insert a blank page right after page 2. To do this, I place the insertion beam before the first word on page 3, and Insert > Page Break. Looks like this:

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 1, 2022 3:37 PM in response to Zorba_le_grec

daniel Azuelos writes: "…so that people who fully understood my OQ won't think you made an answer, and will feel free to try to answer."

Or, perhaps having read the whole thread, noted the tone of daniel's reply to Viking, and felt free to not bother.

The screen shot in your initial post suggests your document is a Page Layout document. Note the yellow rectangle containing the single page thumbnail in the left sidebar.

In Pages, this rectangle encloses the Section containing the selected, not just the selected page itself.

In a Pages word processing document, a Section contains all pages in a document unless the user has started new sections or inserted section breaks to place adjacent pages into separate sections of the document.

Pages are added to a section automatically as they are needed to accommodate added text, or to accommodate text that has been displaced by the insertion of an image or other object.

In a Pages Page Layout document, each 'page' is a separate section. Pages must be inserted individually, and by user intervention. Text added to a page, or displaced by an image or other object placed on the page is pushed off the bottom of the page and is not displayed.

Similarly, images moved to extend beyond any edge of the page are lost to view.

Inserting a page between two other pages is a simple matter on a Page Layout document:

In the left sidebar:

Select the page thumbnail of the page that is to be followed by the inserted page.

Click the Insert menu, choose Page, then choose the type of page to insert.

A Text page differs from a Blank page only in containing a text box filled with placeholder text, formatted as the one shown here as page 2.

The new page will be inserted after the selected cell as soon as you make the choice of page type, and will be selected.

Regards,

Barry

Feb 27, 2022 11:56 AM in response to VikingOSX

VikingOSX, thank you for your attempt to help.

Apparently you didn't read my question down to the line:

"

And I am wasting too much human time to turn into total garbage my Pages09 files with the menu entry

Insert > Page Break

"

There is a difference between inserting a Page Break

which is a special character inserted within the text flow and inserting a Blank Page

which should push all the subsequent pages content ( text, graphics, pictures… )

one full blank page forward.

If you don't mind, please remove your nice answer so that people who fully understood

my OQ won't think you made an answer, and will feel free to try to answer.

Thank you for your real help.

How to insert a blank page in the middle of a Pages09 document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.