Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does removing as Exchange account from an iOS device remove the admin’s ability to wipe the device?

I added an Exchange account to my personal iPhone via Settings. Afterward I got a warning that an Exchange admin would have the ability wipe the phone remotely. Does deleting the account eliminate that ability?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 10:49 AM

You have to delete the account and also delete the device management profile. It is in Settings/General, near the bottom, just below VPN. It will be called either Profiles or Device Management. Open it, tap on the profile, and delete it. Then restart your phone—>Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 10:49 AM in response to Ignatz Ratzkiwatzki

You have to delete the account and also delete the device management profile. It is in Settings/General, near the bottom, just below VPN. It will be called either Profiles or Device Management. Open it, tap on the profile, and delete it. Then restart your phone—>Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 26, 2020 10:51 AM in response to Ignatz Ratzkiwatzki

That is correct. Generally a profile is installed when you use, for example, your employer issued email account (EXCHANGE). That profile will correctly disclaim that it can wipe out your iPhone when certain conditions are met. YES, deleting that account will also delete that profile and the remote ability of the Exchange account.

You may also have to delete that profile if it does not get deleted with the deletion of the email account.

Axel F.

Does removing as Exchange account from an iOS device remove the admin’s ability to wipe the device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.