Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my niece use my Apple Family Music subscription from a different country?

I have an Apple Family Music Subscription and I tried to add my niece to my 'family' but as she lives in France and I live in the UK, it wouldn't let me. Is there a way around this?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 11:56 AM

No. While physical location is not all that important for Family Sharing, she needs to have an Apple ID set the same country as your own to share Apple Music, since the Apple Music catalog content is very much country dependent due to distribution rights being different in different countries.

If her Apple ID is set to the French store, then you cannot add her to your Family Group and share Apple Music, sorry.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 11:56 AM in response to Mariecamille

No. While physical location is not all that important for Family Sharing, she needs to have an Apple ID set the same country as your own to share Apple Music, since the Apple Music catalog content is very much country dependent due to distribution rights being different in different countries.

If her Apple ID is set to the French store, then you cannot add her to your Family Group and share Apple Music, sorry.

Can my niece use my Apple Family Music subscription from a different country?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.