Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone, Apple Sign On with email relay not working

I have been using the Apple sign on option whenever it is presented to me, and have been selecting to mask my email address because yay privacy.

I received my new iPhone on Friday. An app I’d previously used with my Apple sign on is now not working. I’m getting an error message because the email address associated with my Apple ID is my gmail- my account email is the relay. The relay and the account are still in my Apple profile, so Apple knows what email address it used. Why can’t I log in? Ideas of answers?

The app in question is linked to my credit file - so I don’t think it would be easy to just create a new account or I’d do that (and directly share my email address this time).

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 8:37 AM

I tried last night to sign in without the email relay - and it worked. Which is confusing but whatever: I have access to my credit report again!

Per your note, I checked and I only show the 1 email address that is associated with my Apple ID.

Thanks for your assistance.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2020 8:37 AM in response to SnickZ.

I tried last night to sign in without the email relay - and it worked. Which is confusing but whatever: I have access to my credit report again!

Per your note, I checked and I only show the 1 email address that is associated with my Apple ID.

Thanks for your assistance.

Oct 29, 2020 7:17 PM in response to icalyn

Hello icalyn,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to use, "Sign in with Apple" with a specific app on your new iPhone.

Sign in with Apple is a great feature to keep your information private. We'll be happy to help.

We suggest to temporarily stop using your Apple ID with the app in question and then, use Sign in with Apple to sign in again with your app. From there, test and see if you continue to experience the same behavior.

For the appropriate steps, please follow the section in this article that says, "Stop using your Apple with an app": Manage the apps you use with Sign in with Apple

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Kind regards.

Oct 29, 2020 8:01 PM in response to jdo_apple

Hello and thank you for getting back to me.

When I removed Experian from my list of approved apps: it made no difference to Experian. When I logged in, I received the same message “Please ensure the email address you’re using matches the one on file and is unlinked from your Apple ID.”

I created this account with this Apple connection. It was not via a log in of an existing account, so I do not have a backup log in or password. The email address they have is the relay address. I’m at a loss as to what to do here. Forgot password with the relay address?

Oct 30, 2020 7:54 AM in response to icalyn

icalyn,

Thanks for getting back to us and for providing those additional details. We suggest to verify that the correct hidden email address is selected under your Apple ID account for Sign in with Apple. On your iPhone, please navigate to Settings > tap your name at the top > select, "Name, Phone Numbers, Email" > tap Forward to under Hide My Email. Do you have the correct hidden email address selected? If not, please select the hidden email address and see if you can use, Sign in With Apple for Experian without any issues.

Best regards.

New phone, Apple Sign On with email relay not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.