Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos have any exclamation point will not open how do i fix this?

I can't get several of my photos to open on my Macbook Air. They have a an exclamation point inside a shaded triangle. No success so far. Can anyone help?

MacBook Air 11″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 1:35 PM

Have the photos been synced from an iPhone?

If you are using an iPhone or iPad with iOS 10.11 or newer, the photos may have been saved in the space saving High efficiency format HEIF. A Mac with OS X 10.10 cannot process this format. The Mac needs to be upgraded to macOS 10.13 or later to be able to handle the format. See: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

Or are you shooting the photos in a RAW format? Photos can only process RAW files from supported cameras. The support is specific for each camera model and also depends on the system version.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 1:35 PM in response to Photohelp9

Have the photos been synced from an iPhone?

If you are using an iPhone or iPad with iOS 10.11 or newer, the photos may have been saved in the space saving High efficiency format HEIF. A Mac with OS X 10.10 cannot process this format. The Mac needs to be upgraded to macOS 10.13 or later to be able to handle the format. See: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

Or are you shooting the photos in a RAW format? Photos can only process RAW files from supported cameras. The support is specific for each camera model and also depends on the system version.

photos have any exclamation point will not open how do i fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.