Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I set specific apps to be accessible only during a certain window of time?

I have screen time limits set up for my kids, but I don't want to just set a time limit on apps, I want certain apps to be available only during a certain window of time. For example, they can only use Facebook between 4pm and 6pm. Is that possible?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 1:40 PM

Not directly no.

But you can set Downtime, so that Facebook for instance is not available at any other time but ones you want.

Downtime works by limiting which apps are available during downtime. Limit all the Apps you don't want active and set Downtime for all hours except the 2 you want Facebook to be available on.

There is no granular control for Apps here unfortunately, so its just all not specifically allowed apps will be restricted at all times except when downtime is not active.

See here: Use DownTime on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 1:40 PM in response to adelaide2177

Not directly no.

But you can set Downtime, so that Facebook for instance is not available at any other time but ones you want.

Downtime works by limiting which apps are available during downtime. Limit all the Apps you don't want active and set Downtime for all hours except the 2 you want Facebook to be available on.

There is no granular control for Apps here unfortunately, so its just all not specifically allowed apps will be restricted at all times except when downtime is not active.

See here: Use DownTime on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Can I set specific apps to be accessible only during a certain window of time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.