Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Screen Time

I’ve set limits for my child’s apps on her phone on Screen Time but they are not working. Any recommendations?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 8:59 AM

Hey there,

Make sure that you set up a screen time pin and enabled the “block during downtime” option, without it apps will still be accessible during downtime. Children and teens additionally have the option to get one more minute of screen time during downtime. This only works once a day and it allows the child to quickly finish what they were doing so they don’t lose progress in anything. If you are concerned about this, just set downtime to turn on one minute early.

I hope this helped.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2023 8:59 AM in response to ckinca71

Hey there,

Make sure that you set up a screen time pin and enabled the “block during downtime” option, without it apps will still be accessible during downtime. Children and teens additionally have the option to get one more minute of screen time during downtime. This only works once a day and it allows the child to quickly finish what they were doing so they don’t lose progress in anything. If you are concerned about this, just set downtime to turn on one minute early.

I hope this helped.

Screen Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.