Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina finder save dialogue box selection inconsistencies

So this is something that has been bothering me since I moved to Catalina, and has to do with the Mac Os FINDER save dialogue box in Catalina. Previously to Catalina, whenever I exported a movie from After Effects or any program, the name of the file was highlighted so I could change the name with keyboard quickly and efficiently. The dialogue was like this, and sometimes the windows still do this in Catalina.

The problem is that randomly in Catalina when I go to output a file the name isn't selected, and I have to use the mouse to select the name to be able to change it.

Personally I am used to the name being selected automatically, and it is really frustrating that sometimes the name isn't selected. And as far as I can tell there is no reason as to why sometimes it is selected and sometimes it isn't.

I am on 10.15.7, but it has been happening since 10.15.

Maybe it is only with video apps, but I have it happen with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.

iMac Pro

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 3:25 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Catalina finder save dialogue box selection inconsistencies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.