Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error: 'Some Features May Not Work on This Network'

Due to the HomePods not playing in stereo, I removed the accessories using the Home app and set them up again. After setting up the first one, I get an error message saying, 'Some Features May Not Work on This Network' 'HomePod features like AirPlay and Personal Requests may not work on "NameOfNetwork" because it does not support peer-to-peer connections.' 'Lean More...'

Clicking 'Lean More...' takes me to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209643 which refers to "...campus or business 802.1X Wi-Fi networks," but I haven't got one of those.

I would greatly appreciate some insight on the issue. My Wi-Fi router is an Askey SAC2V1K (I have no idea how to locate the firmware version) and UPnP is enabled.

HomePod, 14

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 1:56 PM

Same message on my HomePod...

I recently added a HomePod Mini to an existing HomePod setup, and they played well together for 1 day using Pandora. Next time I tried to play the same music across both devices, one wouldn't play at all, but I could get it to play a different stream of the same station. (not in sync...not even the same song)

I have removed both devices and reinstalled, updated the software twice (to 14.2, then to 14.3 today) .

Sometimes, restarting or reinstalling will result in the HomePods being able to splay in sync but once music is paused, only one will play next time I listen to music.

I tried setting up a zone in Home called "Main Area"to include both rooms where the HomePods are located, but it doesn't help.

Siri will say " now playing in the Kitchen and Living room" only that isn't the case. When I call up Siri and request that the music also plays on the other speaker I get "Sorry, I can't do that"

When re installing I've gotten the message on my Mini saying "Some Features May Not Work On This NetworK' "HomePod features like Air Play and Personal Requests may not work on " Network Name" because it does not support peer- to peer connections." It points me to a page regarding 802.1X networks (which I do not have)

My modem/router is an Arris SBG6900-AC, I'm guessing I need to make changes to the network so the speakers maintain a connection, but I have no idea where to start.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 1:56 PM in response to youngobiwan

Same message on my HomePod...

I recently added a HomePod Mini to an existing HomePod setup, and they played well together for 1 day using Pandora. Next time I tried to play the same music across both devices, one wouldn't play at all, but I could get it to play a different stream of the same station. (not in sync...not even the same song)

I have removed both devices and reinstalled, updated the software twice (to 14.2, then to 14.3 today) .

Sometimes, restarting or reinstalling will result in the HomePods being able to splay in sync but once music is paused, only one will play next time I listen to music.

I tried setting up a zone in Home called "Main Area"to include both rooms where the HomePods are located, but it doesn't help.

Siri will say " now playing in the Kitchen and Living room" only that isn't the case. When I call up Siri and request that the music also plays on the other speaker I get "Sorry, I can't do that"

When re installing I've gotten the message on my Mini saying "Some Features May Not Work On This NetworK' "HomePod features like Air Play and Personal Requests may not work on " Network Name" because it does not support peer- to peer connections." It points me to a page regarding 802.1X networks (which I do not have)

My modem/router is an Arris SBG6900-AC, I'm guessing I need to make changes to the network so the speakers maintain a connection, but I have no idea where to start.

Error: 'Some Features May Not Work on This Network'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.