Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can it damage my iPhone 11 Pro battery if I use CarPlay while my iPhone is on a wireless charger?

I'm getting a new car soon which has both Apple CarPlay and a wireless charger. I'm intending to use CarPlay, but I don't know if there's anywhere I can put my phone down in my car without resting it on the wireless charger. I'm a bit worried about having it connected to 2 different power sources at the same time (wireless charger and plugged into the USB port), in case it overheats/damages the iPhone battery. Does anyone know if that could happen?

Thank you for any help.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 10:13 AM

If the vehicle has a wireless charger, does it have wireless connection to CarPlay? Check with the dealer. Otherwise, I'm not sure what the iPhone would do under those circumstances. I would think one of the charging methods will not activate. I'm going to go test mine to see if I plug it into the charger with the lightning port, what happens if I try laying it on my wireless charger and see what happens. I'm not using CarPlay, I'm just using the two chargers here in the house to see if there is any message on screen or other actions I can see.

I plugged my iPhone into the regular charger with lightning cable, it started to charge, showing a charging symbol, etc. I have a Belkin Qi wireless charger and laid the iPhone on the device, and the green light indicating it was charging lit up. I believe this would be a question best posed to Apple Support for an answer.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2020 10:13 AM in response to danabbott2712

If the vehicle has a wireless charger, does it have wireless connection to CarPlay? Check with the dealer. Otherwise, I'm not sure what the iPhone would do under those circumstances. I would think one of the charging methods will not activate. I'm going to go test mine to see if I plug it into the charger with the lightning port, what happens if I try laying it on my wireless charger and see what happens. I'm not using CarPlay, I'm just using the two chargers here in the house to see if there is any message on screen or other actions I can see.

I plugged my iPhone into the regular charger with lightning cable, it started to charge, showing a charging symbol, etc. I have a Belkin Qi wireless charger and laid the iPhone on the device, and the green light indicating it was charging lit up. I believe this would be a question best posed to Apple Support for an answer.

Can it damage my iPhone 11 Pro battery if I use CarPlay while my iPhone is on a wireless charger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.