Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone backup to iCloud

I have 40 GB available in iCloud storage (only 8.5 GB out of 50 GB used) but my phone is saying there's not enough storage to backup.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 12:51 PM

You are getting the Storage Full message on your iPhone because the storage space on your iPhone is indeed low. It is a separate thing from your iCloud space. I would like you to realize and know one important thing and that is that there is NOTHING that you can do to increase the physical storage capacity of your iPhone. Your iPhone's storage capacity will forever remain the same as the day you bought it.

You have purchased ➔ iCloud Storage from Apple where you may create and save your iPhone backups and synch (Not Store) your Messages, Photos, Contacts, Calendars, Notes and Reminders. Note that iCloud Storage is NOT an extension of storage capacity of your iPhone. Just wanted you to know some facts. Thanks.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2020 12:51 PM in response to jdech17

You are getting the Storage Full message on your iPhone because the storage space on your iPhone is indeed low. It is a separate thing from your iCloud space. I would like you to realize and know one important thing and that is that there is NOTHING that you can do to increase the physical storage capacity of your iPhone. Your iPhone's storage capacity will forever remain the same as the day you bought it.

You have purchased ➔ iCloud Storage from Apple where you may create and save your iPhone backups and synch (Not Store) your Messages, Photos, Contacts, Calendars, Notes and Reminders. Note that iCloud Storage is NOT an extension of storage capacity of your iPhone. Just wanted you to know some facts. Thanks.

Axel F.

iPhone backup to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.